Kale chips are a delicious snack and very easy to make at home! The are a healthy, crunchy and delicious snack and you can add any type of seasoning! I would say that this recipe is for lightly salted and seasoned chips … but you can add as much flavoring as you like! The only problem with these kale chips is that they don’t last very long in our house! 🙂
Wash kale and trim out all of the ribs (they will be tough and inedible if you leave them in)
Cut kale into bite-size pieces (1-2″ pieces)
Put kale in a salad spinner to remove all excess moisture or dry off with towel (it’s important to start with dry pieces)
– Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or use some cooking spray
– I had enough kale pieces to fill two cookie sheet when spread out in a single layer, so I tossed my kale in two batches.
– For each cookie sheet’s worth of kale, I mixed 1 Tblsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast, and then added kale and tossed with my hands to coat each piece
– Spread kale evenly on cookie sheet in a single layer
– Repeat with other half of ingredients and spread on cookie sheet
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes
Remove from oven and toss kale and spread out again
Bake another 7-8 min until dry and crispy
*Keep a close eye on the kale to make sure it doesn’t start to burn
*I baked mine for a total of 16 min
Enjoy this nutritious snack!